| || |
| | SPEAK SCHMEAK
JANUARY 23, 2009 Be a tease
In working with several clients on creating and structuring their presentations, there seems to be a common theme among their efforts.
| || | SPEAKING OF...
JANUARY 19, 2009 How Compelling?
I couldn't help but be struck by the contrast between these two news events last week. Guess the speech wasn't too interesting. Bush farewell speech
| | GREAT PUBLIC SPEAKING
JANUARY 19, 2009 Public Speaking: Raise Your Fee And Give Away Your Products
RAISE YOUR FEE AND GIVE AWAY YOUR PRODUCTS I started using this tip the moment my latest book came off the presses, but you can use any kind of product to make it work. Here's how it works. You always want to add extra value for the people hiring you as their speaker. Everyone wins and that's what keeps us working.
| || || || |
- January 20/09 Slide Makeover Video Podcast now available
Just a quick note to let you know that a new Slide Makeover Video Podcast based on the ideas in "The Visual Slide Revolution" is available for your viewing through the iTunes Store, online or through my YouTube channel. On a monthly, quarterly or annual basis many people report their activity to the boss, a committee or stakeholders. MORE >>
- There's always public speaking
MAX ATKINSON A line I don't want to hear in today's speech by President Obama
| TUESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2009
If there’s one thing that irks me about speeches by American presidents, it’s their tendency to overstate the case for their country being the first, finest or only example of freedom and democracy in the world. And the Cuban stopped and said, "How lucky you are! had someplace to escape to." In that sentence he told us the entire story. MORE >>
GREAT PUBLIC SPEAKING Public Speaking: Make 'Em Wonder
| WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 21, 2009
I suppose most of my readers know by now that I push the limits most of the time to make sure my audience stays awake. It should be no surprise to you then that I will attack another common old style snoozer technique (and I know I will get letters from educational theory folks, but that is OK). say let em figure it out as you go. MORE >>
THE ELOQUENT WOMAN fun for speakers: Obama speech generator
| SATURDAY, JANUARY 17, 2009
While we await Barack Obama's inaugural speech--arguably the most important of his career and certainly an historic moment--have some fun with this Inauguration Speech Generator from atom.com. You fill in a variety of verbs, adjectives and nouns, Mad-lib style, and get a short speech. And why not? Join in. Lightning strikes. MORE >>
- Badges? We don’t need no stinking badges! Guest post by Lee Potts SPEAK SCHMEAK | SATURDAY, JANUARY 17, 2009
- Rhetoric and applause in Obama’s inaugural speech as a measure of what the audience liked best MAX ATKINSON | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 21, 2009
- Public Speaking: Improvise Your Flipchart GREAT PUBLIC SPEAKING | FRIDAY, JANUARY 23, 2009
- inaugural speeches of the past THE ELOQUENT WOMAN | SUNDAY, JANUARY 18, 2009
- Are you "sleep-presenting?" SPEAK SCHMEAK | MONDAY, JANUARY 19, 2009
- BLOG INDEX MAX ATKINSON | FRIDAY, JANUARY 23, 2009
- KICK OFF QUIZ ‘09: What’s your Determination Factor?? SPEAKER LAUNCHER | SUNDAY, JANUARY 18, 2009
- Myth Busting on Public Speaking SPEAKING SUCCESS INTERNATIONAL | MONDAY, JANUARY 19, 2009
- If you speak with an accent, read this! Guest post by Sue Hershkowitz-Coore SPEAK SCHMEAK | TUESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2009
- Obama’s inauguration rhetoric won approval for some uncomfortable messages MAX ATKINSON | FRIDAY, JANUARY 23, 2009
- Ten Things to Look Our For in Barack Obama's Inauguration Address THE SPEECHWRITER | SATURDAY, JANUARY 17, 2009
- Talking with Terri Murphy SPEAKING SUCCESS INTERNATIONAL | THURSDAY, JANUARY 22, 2009
- Thought Trap #7: Magnifying and minimizing SPEAK SCHMEAK | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 21, 2009
- The enduring challenge and importance of funeral orations MAX ATKINSON | MONDAY, JANUARY 19, 2009
- Obama's Quotation THE SPEECHWRITER | TUESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2009
- The First Social Media President MORE THAN POWERPOINT... | TUESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2009
- In with the New: Barack Obama’s Inauguration Speech SUCCESSFUL SPEECHES BLOG | TUESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2009
- Podcast with a Speechwriter THE SPEECHWRITER | THURSDAY, JANUARY 22, 2009
- President Obama’s Inauguration Speech … opinions from other bloggers SUCCESSFUL SPEECHES BLOG | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 21, 2009
- Learn the Speech Writing Secrets of Obama and Martin Luther King - Toronto Speech Writng Workshop SUCCESSFUL SPEECHES BLOG | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 21, 2009
- How to Make Your Speech More Memorable SUCCESSFUL SPEECHES BLOG | FRIDAY, JANUARY 23, 2009
Speaking Pro Central can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.