| || |
| || || || | CRAIG STRACHAN - KEEP TALKING!
FEBRUARY 14, 2012 Guest post: 5 Tips for Conquering Q&A
“What Questions do you have for my answers?” – Henry Kissinger. When roles are reversed, and audience members are handed the microphone, many public speakers turn a brighter shade of purple. But this article will outline 5 practical steps for beating Question & Answer Sessions, and help you leave the stage as victor. 2) Anticipate Questions.
| || || || |
DUARTE BLOG The Visual Thinking Revolution is Here!
| THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2012
We are in the midst of a “Visual Thinking Revolution” and leaders in all types of organizations are embracing visual thinking as a literacy of the future. Source: MBA Career Service Professionals (click to enlarge). The panel I moderated with Business Models Inc. Vulnerable, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous. Want to create threat conditions? MORE >>
SPEAKING FREELY Want to Speak like Steve Jobs?
| TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2012
I had never seen Steve Jobs talk before; but after he died, I heard lots of people rave about the way he spoke in public. It seemed like many people thought he was the epitome of a great speaker. Then I began reading his biography Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. Before even finishing a [.]. MORE >>
- A PowerPoint Riddle
I’ve got a riddle for you. Which Which is heavier: a 10-pound bag of rocks, or a 10-pound bag of feathers? The answer, of course, is neither. They weigh the same amount (I noticed this riddle works better when it’s said, not written, but oh well). This riddle came to mind when I was thinking about presentation lengths. Neither. image ). MORE >>
SPEAK SCHMEAK Are you giving the audience tools they can use?
| TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2012
One of the things I find lacking in many presentations is the useful take-home tool. Sure, I hear lots of good ideas from speakers, but I don't often go home with action steps rather than concepts. don't often go home with concrete things I can DO to improve my business, my presentations or my life. His energy was infectious. moments. MORE >>
POWERPOINT TIPS Insert a live Excel spreadsheet onto a slide
| MONDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2012
You can insert a live Excel spreadsheet onto a slide so that you can use Excel while in Slide Show view. There are other ways to get Excel data onto a slide, so why would you want an active Excel spreadsheet? Let’s say that you’re presenting some results of your financial analysis and your boss asks, “How did you get those results? MORE >>
- “It’s Halftime in America” — An Analysis MANNER OF SPEAKING | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2012
- Want your data to go viral? Make it visual. DUARTE BLOG | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2012
- Want to Speak like Steve Jobs? | SPEAKING FREELY | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2012
- 5 Stupid Speaker Tricks PUBLIC SPEAKING ADVICE AND COMMENTARY | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2012
- It's hard to describe. SPEAK SCHMEAK | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2012
- Easily create flexible diagrams that look professional POWERPOINT TIPS | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2012
- A Lesson from Lang Lang MANNER OF SPEAKING | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2012
- Creative Like a Fox! Dan Roam and I Compare Notes on Creative Process DUARTE BLOG | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2012
- UK Business Communicator of the year, 2012: Gillian Tett MAX ATKINSON | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2012
- The 10 Commandments of Presentations PUBLIC SPEAKING ADVICE AND COMMENTARY | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 29, 2012
- If Mitt Romney’s Voice Were Music to My Ears: A Vocal Impact Analysis of the Candidates KATE'S VOICE | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2012
- PowerPoint Tip: Don’t start your presentation with credits DAVE PARADI'S POWERPOINT BLOG | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2012
- Does your audience feel welcome? SPEAK SCHMEAK | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2012
- Grammar Ain’t Just for Words Anymore DUARTE BLOG | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2012
- Storyselling – The secret to a successful persuasive presentation is great storytelling. SPEAKING FREELY | SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2012
- From the vault: 7 times to turn down a speaking gig THE ELOQUENT WOMAN | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2012
- Storytelling-II. 5 Ideas. 5 Blogs. 5 Days. PUBLIC SPEAKING ADVICE AND COMMENTARY | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2012
- The argument for experiential learning ONLIGNMENT | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2012
- What's the relationship between confidence and nervousness? SPEAK SCHMEAK | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2012
- Politeness in the Workplace: Self-Test THE COMMUNICATION BLOG | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2012
- Storyselling � The secret to a successful persuasive presentation is. SPEAKING FREELY | SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2012
- Famous Speech Friday: Gabrielle Giffords's resignation from Congress THE ELOQUENT WOMAN | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2012
- Storytelling-III. 5 Ideas. 5 Blogs. 5 Days. PUBLIC SPEAKING ADVICE AND COMMENTARY | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2012
- The experiential learning toolkit ONLIGNMENT | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2012
- 12for12 February Challenge: Be present SPEAK SCHMEAK | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2012
- How to resize and crop pictures in PowerPoint POWERPOINT TIPS | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2012
- How do you know if your presentations are any good? INTER-ACTIV PRESENTING AND INFLUENCING | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2012
- Communication Currents THE COMMUNICATION BLOG | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2012
- Reading a Speech MANNER OF SPEAKING | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2012
- Why training may not always be the right course of action – part 2 ONLIGNMENT | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2012
- Friday Fun: Comedians SPEAK SCHMEAK | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2012
- How to Create a Sexy Voice KATE'S VOICE | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2012
- Presentation nerves THE PRESENTER'S BLOG | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2012
- Moving in Together THE COMMUNICATION BLOG | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2012
- Rhetorical Devices: Anadiplosis MANNER OF SPEAKING | SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2012
- People Make A Difference: Danny Brassell interview IAN GRIFFIN - PROFESSIONALLY SPEAKING | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2012
- Never can say goodbye SPEAK SCHMEAK | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2012
- Famous vs Great SPEAKING FREELY | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2012
- Before You Name Your Company, Consider How Google Will Rank It CONTENT MARKETING TODAY | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 29, 2012
- The Communication Blog - Untitled Article THE COMMUNICATION BLOG | FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2012
- Presentation Skills - Public Speaking Book GREAT PUBLIC SPEAKING | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2012
Speaking Pro Central can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.