| || |
| | PUBLIC SPEAKING ADVICE AND COMMENTARY
JULY 5, 2012 3 Steps for Quick Speech Prep
How to prepare for that big presentation? It’s at once an intellectual, emotional, and kinesthetic activity. It It has a lot of moving parts. Here’s a quick program to carry out before each speech that will get you in peak form. The Intellectual. Every In order. If
| || | INTER-ACTIV PRESENTING AND INFLUENCING
JULY 5, 2012 Are you using stories effectively?
I have blogged before about the importance of stories in business presentations but I still find that many presenters don’t make enough use of them to engage their audience and make their messages more memorable. Here are some examples of where you can use stories. Presentation Skills Public Speaking Speech Writing storytelling story telling
| || || || |
- Are you afraid of people looking at you?
Recently I have had a number of presentation coaching clients who have avoided making presentations because they suffered from an acute fear of being looked or judged. The technical name for the fear of people looking at you is Scopophobia and can be a very debilitating. MORE >>
SPEAK SCHMEAK July 12for12 Challenge: Get Creative With Your Voice
| THURSDAY, JULY 5, 2012
Have you joined my 12 Speaking Challenges for 2012 program yet? Build your "confidence muscles" with monthly challenges designed to help you get out of your comfort zone and build confidence in a variety of settings that will prepare you for your upcoming speaking engagements! But remember, this is all about getting out of your comfort zone. Right? MORE >>
- With Serious The New Black: No more wit from me, not until 2025
It's high gravitas, even for toddlers as their tiger mothers oversee their learning Mandarin. Yes, serious is the new black. It took several pitches, with a little wit on the side, and several rejections for me to get it: There will be frivolity, anywhere. Smiling at the commercials is okay. holidays. MORE >>
TJ WALKER INTERACTIVE I’m on the Wall Street Journal’s Daily Wrap today 6:15 and 8:15 PM EST discussing Presidential campaign DailyWrapWSJ.com
| THURSDAY, JULY 5, 2012
- "My confidence is quietly morphing into arrogance," Jen Lancaster in GENERATION X
The crazy things about being Generation X or a Baby Boomer (all Generation Ys are arrogant) is that we can be arrogant one day and in an emotional fetal position the next. Last week we were the kindly servers in the soup kitchen. Likely we, if we are damn lucky, will hang in the middle. MORE >>
- International speeches? JOAN DETZ SPEAKER SERVICES | THURSDAY, JULY 5, 2012
- Procter & Gamble: The quiet company which gave us brand management, the soaps JANE GENOVA: SPEECHWRITER - GHOSTWRITER | THURSDAY, JULY 5, 2012
- The Business of Government Speechwriting JOAN DETZ SPEAKER SERVICES | THURSDAY, JULY 5, 2012
- Afraid of people looking at you? – you may have scopophobia INTER-ACTIV PRESENTING AND INFLUENCING | THURSDAY, JULY 5, 2012
- Chris Christie: Living proof that differentiation is a must JANE GENOVA: SPEECHWRITER - GHOSTWRITER | THURSDAY, JULY 5, 2012
- Why does Mitt Romney Hate American Banks? TJ WALKER INTERACTIVE | THURSDAY, JULY 5, 2012
- Barclays: Is "others were doing it" shrewd public relations? JANE GENOVA: SPEECHWRITER - GHOSTWRITER | THURSDAY, JULY 5, 2012
- Mitt Romney Can’t decide What is a Tax or a Mandate TJ WALKER INTERACTIVE | THURSDAY, JULY 5, 2012
- Drudge Continues Right-Wing Distortion Of Obama’s Record On Israel TJ WALKER INTERACTIVE | THURSDAY, JULY 5, 2012
- Billy Baldwin says Alec Baldwin May run for Mayor TJ WALKER INTERACTIVE | THURSDAY, JULY 5, 2012
- Media Bias: Calling Obama PAC “Left Wing” TJ WALKER INTERACTIVE | THURSDAY, JULY 5, 2012
Speaking Pro Central can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.